We curated some of our providers most recommended resources for trans athletes for you below.
For healthcare providers
- Brukner & Khan’s Clinical Sports Medicine. 5th ed. Volume 2. McGraw-Hill Education; 2019
- Chapter 30 in Volume 2 discusses transgender and intersex athletes
- PPE: Preparticipation Physical Evaluation Monograph. 5th ed. American Academy of Pediatrics; 2019
- Overview of the preparticipation physical evaluation, including a systems-based approach with inclusion of special groups, such as transgender athletes.
- Follow on IG
- Athlete Ally
- Focuses on ending homophobia and transphobia in sports through education and empowerment.
- Campus Pride
- Provides information about LGBTQ+ student athletes
- LGBT SportSafe
- Provides training for athletic coaches and administrators on how to create a more inclusive athletic community
- Provides updated information on policies of various organizations around the world and provides inclusive athletic policies
- World Anti-Doping Agency
- Guidelines for therapeutic use exemptions for transgender athletes
- You Can Play
- Advocates for the inclusion of all LGBTQ+ in sports, including athletes, coaches, staff, and fans