QueerDoc offers PrEP and sexual health consults, but if you aren’t already seeing us for gender affirming care, there are probably better options out there for you. I know, it’s super weird for a business to tell you we don’t want your business, but at QueerDoc we really believe that healthcare shouldn’t be a business and that you should know about all of the options! We try really hard to live our values here! In fact, we link all of the other telemedicine gender affirming clinics and local clinic locators on our website. Wild, promoting our competitors, right?
We believe that affirming and inclusive healthcare is a fundamental right and the more choices trans people have the better! Part of our mission at QueerDoc is to equip you with information, so you can make the choice that is best for you.
Who Else Does PrEP?
So as far as accessing PrEP, reproductive healthcare, and sexual healthcare, there are a few companies that are rocking it:
- Mistr– free virtual visits, free mailed-home STI testing, meds accessed through insurance or they support you accessing patient assistance programs
- Nurx– learn more about their program and pricing here
- QCare+– learn more about their program and pricing here
- Please PrEP Me– has additional resources for finding local resources and financial assistance
At the time of this writing, Mistr and Nurx offer options to use your chosen name (although neither has ideal language) and QCare doesn’t have name options. Again, if you aren’t seeing us for gender affirming care, you will be better served by accessing services through one of these other organizations as they have experience navigating the many systems to make PrEP affordable!
Reasons Other Than PrEP to Book a Sexual Health Consult With Us
The times we have found sexual health consults to be a good fit for folx not already seeing us for gender affirming care is when they have questions outside of standard PrEP or contraceptive access.
Scenarios where we’re a great choice for your sexual health consult:
- You are trying to determine the risks of a kink-specific activity.*
- Sexual health risk calcuations within polycule dynamics.*
- You want an HPV vaccine (or have questions!) and are over the recommended age range.
*We’re totally kink and polyam friendly! Lived experience, too!
Always feel free to book a free 15-minute introductory visit with us to see if we are a good fit for you.
Stay in touch with us!