QueerDoc is committed to accessible gender-affirming care.
Healthcare can be expensive as $#@!)*^$.
This is especially true for folx who are more likely to be underemployed and underinsured (like transgender and gender-diverse folx.)
We are pioneering a new model of care to address cost barriers.
We want to:
A. Provide great quality gender-affirming care.
B. Make it work financially for our patients and us.
Introducing Group Visits.
Group Visits are designed to maximize your bang for the buck.
They are optimal for individuals who:
- want a binary transition and/or who want maximized changes
- don’t need access to more nuanced care options like SERMs
- are familiar with navigating some health care resources
- are comfortable with shorter visit times and some shared visits
How They Work:
Intake is $100.
- Initial intake visit is a group visit
- This visit reviews treatment options and risks and benefits
- Labs will be ordered as a standard, non-optional set package
- You can use insurance to pay for these or our cash pay pricing of $59
- Initial follow-up visit is a few weeks later
- This is a private 15-minute appointment with your provider
- You’ll go over labs and your prescription will be issued (barring medical complications)
Follow-up Visits are $100.
- Every 2 – 3 months
- Lab review and dose adjustments will be done at these visits.
Group visits help make care more affordable for you. You pay $100 for a group intake which includes a group visit reviewing treatment options and risk and benefits, plus a 15 minute one-on-one follow-up with the provider a few weeks later. The follow-up appointment will be used to review your labs and issue your prescription.
Additional follow-up visits will be 15 minutes long. These will include lab review and dose adjustment for $100 a visit. We expect these to happen every 2-3 months.
Group visits do not include the following services:
- secure messaging between visits,
- more nuanced care options like SERMs,
- narrative support for other trans-related issues such as surgery, legal transition, insurance navigation.
- Cost of prescriptions and labwork is NOT included.
A packet with resources for these types of care will be provided at the intake visit.
Group visits are not a good fit for:
- folx who want highly individualized care
- folx interested in more nuanced approaches or complex labs
- folx who need additional support accessing care
- folx with other significant or complex health issues