IT’S ALMOST PRIDE MONTH!
We believe in pride all the time (look out for our unofficial PRIDE slogan “Queer All Year” on our social media this month,) and we do a lot more than write estradiol, testosterone, and bica prescriptions. We also provide surgery referral letters and identity document change letters, as well as insurance navigation support, provider education about gender-affirming healthcare, and inclusivity consultations with businesses. We are constantly learning about queer care, and we believe that gender-affirming care shouldn’t be hard to find, so we also love to teach. In this spirit, we’re excited to announce some of the things we have planned for June and beyond:
FREE LEGAL TRANSITION CONSULTS in honor of JUNETEENTH
- For Black Trans Folk looking to change their legal documents
- Free 25-minute appointment with one of our doctors
- We have limited appointments available
- You must be physically in one of the states we serve for the appointment (AK, CA, FL, HI, ID, UT, WA, WY)
- To request a consultation, call (541) 604-8276.
FREE INSURANCE NAVIGATION WEBINAR!
- for individuals with questions about using insurance for surgeries
- hosted by our Facilitator Unicorn, Nora Gause, who also provides one-on-one care navigation support to patients.
- Thursday, June 30th, 5 pm Pacific
- This hour-long Google Meet presentation will include a discussion of the ins and outs of the insurance approval process and a live walk-through of insurance documents. There will be time for questions. Register here.
FREE LIVE STREAM EVENT!
- For trans and gender-diverse youth age 13-20 plus their friends and family
- Dr. Beal will share tips for navigating the world more safely as a gender-diverse person
- tips for dating, traveling, accessing healthcare, etc
- Wednesday, June 15 5pm Pacific
- Healthcare providers will be able to watch a recording the following day
- Sign up here!
FREE MODULE FOR PROVIDERS!
Yes, QueerDoc has a provider school!
We are SO excited to announce the release of our online provider education in gender-affirming medical care.
- Are you a nurse practitioner, physician associate, physician assistant, physician, pharmacist, counselor, psychologist, or social worker?
- Do you feel like you need more training in transgender health care?
- Want to learn from a physician with lived experience as queer and gender-diverse?
QueerDoc’s Dr. Crystal Beal is a nationally renowned speaker and educator in transgender health topics. They have an approachable style with a down-to-earth nature that shines when teaching about their passion for gender-affirming medical care. Their lived experience allows a level of nuance to their lectures that is not available from providers who are allies only. They share not only medical expertise but also practical advice on all the things you can’t find in the textbooks or guidelines.
Join them at QueerU! Everything you need to step-up your practice in adult gender-affirming medical care. For less than you would spend on any conference, you get both the medical training and the practical tools for an inclusive and affirming practice:
- 12 CME accredited webinars (14 CME/CE hours)
- 6 chart note templates
- 5 pre-visit questionnaires
- 4 sample visit scripts
- Over 15 letter templates
- Quarterly live stream “Ask the Expert” events
- An active member community
With your annual renewal new content will be released automatically including 1 New CME accredited webinar every 2 months, quarterly live stream “Ask the Experts”, template updates annually, core content updates every 2 years, and continued access to the membership community. Dr. Crystal Beal leveraged their lived experience and knowledge from their high-volume gender-affirming practice to creaet QueerU. Learn more about Dr. Beal’s program at QueerCME.
For a sample of Dr. Beal’s style, QueerDoc will be offering “What’s in a Word? The Evolving Language of Gender-Affirming Care” for FREE! Sign up here.
QueerDoc believes every provider can incorporate gender-affirming skills into their practice. Our mission is to raise the bar in queer and gender-affirming healthcare and cure LGBTQ+ healthcare discrimination. Gender-affirming medical care is considered medically necessary care by most medical organizations including but not limited to:
- The Endocrine Society
- The Pediatric Endocrine Society
- American Academy of Family Physicians
- American College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists
- American College of Physicians
- American Medical Association
- American Osteopathic Association
- American Psychiatric Association
- American Public Health Association
Education from a provider with a high-volume practice and lived experience is a great first step toward providing authentic gender-affirming care to your patients.
We hope you have a wonderful, safe, and exciting Pride month. Happy PRIDE!